Dead Water (Benjamin January Mysteries #8) (Compact Disc)
Out of Stock - Not Available
Other Books in Series
This is book number 8 in the Benjamin January Mysteries series.
- #4: Sold Down the River (Benjamin January Mysteries #4) (Compact Disc): $34.95
- #5: Die Upon a Kiss (Benjamin January Mysteries #5) (Compact Disc): $39.95
- #6: Wet Grave (Benjamin January Mysteries #6) (Compact Disc): $34.95
- #7: Days of the Dead (Benjamin January Mysteries #7) (Compact Disc): $34.95
- #9: Dead and Buried (Paperback): $17.95
- #10: Shirt on His Back (Benjamin January Mysteries #10) (Paperback): $17.95
- #11: Ran Away (Paperback): $17.95
- #12: Good Man Friday (Paperback): $17.95
- #13: Crimson Angel (Paperback): $17.95
- #14: The Drinking Gourd (Paperback): $17.95
- #15: Murder in July (Paperback): $17.95
- #16: Cold Bayou (Paperback): $17.95
- #17: Lady of Perdition (Paperback): $17.95
- #18: House of the Patriarch (Benjamin January Mystery #18) (Paperback): $18.99
- #19: Death and Hard Cider (Hardcover): $28.99
Nineteenth-century New Orleans is a blazing hotbed of scorching politics and personal vendettas. And it's into this fire that Benjamin January falls when he is hired to follow Oliver Weems, a bank official who has absconded with $100,000 in gold and securities. But it's more than just a job for January. The missing money is vital to the survival of the school for freed slaves that he and his wife Rose have founded.
Following the suspected embezzler--and the money--onto the steamboat Silver Moon, January, Rose, and their friend Hannibal Sefton are sworn to secrecy about the crime until they can find the trunks containing the stolen loot. And then the unexpected happens: Weems is found murdered and suddenly the job of finding the pirated stash grows not only more difficult--but more deadly. There is no shortage of suspects--from the sinister slave dealer to the bullying steamship pilot, to the suspiciously innocent lady with connections to every river pirate in the riotous port of Natchez-Under-the-Hill--who all seem to have something to hide.
Now, with time running out, January seeks clues wherever he can find them--and allies among whoever can help. Working in tandem with a young planter named Jefferson Davis, he must uncover the dark web of corruption, betrayal, and greed that has already cost one man his life ... and, if he can't catch a brutal, remorseless killer, will soon cost January and his friends theirs.