Sold Down the River (Benjamin January Mysteries #4) (MP3 CD)
Out of Stock - Not Available
Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the Benjamin January Mysteries series.
- #5: Die Upon a Kiss (Benjamin January Mysteries #5) (Compact Disc): $39.95
- #6: Wet Grave (Benjamin January Mysteries #6) (Compact Disc): $34.95
- #7: Days of the Dead (Benjamin January Mysteries #7) (Compact Disc): $34.95
- #8: Dead Water (Benjamin January Mysteries #8) (Compact Disc): $34.95
- #9: Dead and Buried (Paperback): $17.95
- #10: Shirt on His Back (Hardcover): $34.99
- #11: Ran Away (Paperback): $17.95
- #12: Good Man Friday (Paperback): $17.95
- #13: Crimson Angel (Paperback): $17.95
- #14: The Drinking Gourd (Large Print / Hardcover): $38.99
- #15: Murder in July (Hardcover): $34.99
- #16: Cold Bayou (Paperback): $17.95
- #17: Lady of Perdition (Large Print / Hardcover): $38.99
- #18: House of the Patriarch (Benjamin January Mystery #18) (Paperback): $18.99
- #19: Death and Hard Cider (Hardcover): $28.99
Penetrating the murkiest corners of glittering New Orleans society, Benjamin January brought murderers to justice in A Free Man of Color, Fever Season, and Graveyard Dust. Now, in Barbara Hambly's haunting new novel, he risks his life in a violent plantation world darker than anything in the city ...
When slave owner Simon Fourchet asks Benjamin January to investigate sabotage, arson, and murder on his plantation, January is reluctant to do any favors for the savage man who owned him until he was seven. But he knows too well that plantation justice means that if the true culprit is not found, every slave on Mon Triomphe will suffer.
Abandoning his Parisian French for the African patois of a field hand, cutting cane until his bones ache and his musician's hands bleed, Benjamin must use all his intelligence and cunning to find the killer--or find himself sold down the river.