Women, Leadership, and Saving the World: Why Everything Gets Better When Women Lead (Paperback)
Women in leadership make everything better in this bold and urgent call for change.
Women in leadership find their self-confidence challenged even when their performance is strong. Fitting into the workplace can be personally costly, leaving women feeling exhausted, thwarted, and frustrated. These challenges start to make sense when you understand that the world, particularly the business world, was designed by and for men, from the criteria for success to the office temperature and chair size.
Women's leadership advocate Belinda Clemmensen wants to change that. She wrote Women, Leadership, and Saving the World as a bold, urgent call to action for gender equality and equity in leadership and decision-making. Fascinating research, data, and interviews provide context for systemic gender inequality. But this guide also points to inclusion and equality as the way to impact emergent world problems, like the global pandemic and climate change, and make better decisions for all.
- The difference between equality and equity and why we need both.
- That the road to change exists, but we're not walking it (as we saw with how the gender pay gap played out in the pandemic).
- How inequality plays out at home-with most women working the "second shift."
- How to step into your power by connecting with what matters most to you.
- Why women need more sponsorship, not just coaching and mentoring.
This book confirms that women leaders are crucial to improving our world and addressing the complex local and global challenges we face. No matter your gender, read Women, Leadership, and Saving the World today. It will draw you into the story of influential women leaders, then propel you into a life of values, strategy, and action.