Math Fundamentals, Grade 2 Teacher Resource (Paperback)
Comprehensive but not complicated Math Fundamentals helps your second-grade students navigate the new math.
Math Models and "think" questions, plenty of skill practice, and real-world problems guide students in thinking through, analyzing, and solving problems.
To help you target instruction, each unit clearly lists the standards information, mathematical practices, and skills covered. Within a unit, math lessons are presented simply.
Every math lesson includes:
- A Math Models reference page that shows students strategies for solving problems. This is helpful for parents and students transitioning to new math.
- Skill practice pages that progress in difficulty.
- A culminating problem-solving activity that leads students through the process of solving a real-life problem.
Grade 2 units:
- Solve word problems
- Add and subtract within 20
- Make equal groups
- Understand place value
- Use math strategies
- Measure and estimate length
- Relate addition and subtraction to length
- Work with time and money
- Represent and interpret data
- Analyze shapes
Designed to support new math programs, Math Fundamentals is the perfect easy-to-use supplement to your math curriculum.
This resource contains teacher support pages, reproducible student pages, and an answer key. This is a reproducible resource (photocopying of lessons is permitted) for single classroom or individual home use only.
A leader in PreK-8 educational publishing, Evan-Moor has been a trusted partner of teachers and parents for over 40 years. Our mission is helping children learn, and we do this by creating resources that motivate children to learn important skills and concepts across the curriculum while also inspiring a love of learning.