Teachers always go above and beyond to make learning interesting and fun ,and this past year has been no exception. Educators have worked hard to engage students in the virtual classroom and adapt to the ever-changing challenges of teaching in this brave new world. We all know teachers put in a lot of work (and often their own cash) towards making the learning environment engaging and ensuring there are good books available in their classrooms. We at Word want to celebrate those efforts and offer our help however we can, including a 10% discount for teachers next week and extra goodies with every purchase. Scroll below to see what we're doing for Teacher Appreciation Week.
10% off From May 3rd - 7th
In Store: Just show us a school ID and receive 10% off your purchase. All purchases will include some extra book-related goodies like pins, pencils, surprise galleys and more.
On our website: Email Kids@wordbookstores.com with a snap of your school ID for a 10% discount code. Orders palced on our site will also receve extra book-related goodies while supplies last.
Make A Wishlist to Conjure A Book Fairy
We've convened with the Book Fairies and they've allowed for some wish-granting next month. We know how tough it is to get new books into the classroom and we want to help those wishes come true.
For the month of May, WORD will be promoting teacher-created classroom wishlists.
Teachers: Just create a classroom wishlist via Bookshop and link it to WORD then send us the link via our Google Form. See below for detailed instructions on how to create your wishlist.
Become a Book Fairy (Anonymous WORD Customers): Throughout the month of May, we will promote these wishlists in our newsletters and on our social media, as well as on this page. If you can, consider becoming a Book Fairy by purchasing a book or two from a list of your choice. Purchases are anonymous and books are automatically 10% off.
For Teachers: How to create a Wishlist and link it to our WORD store.
1. Head over to www.Bookshop.org and create a profile
2. Click on your profile and tap My Wishlists. Click on the button that says Create New.
3. Name your wishlist and click Create.
4. Once created, click on Edit and check the box marked Link to Affiliate. A dropdown menu will appear and you can just type in WORD. We are the third option- WORD (in all caps). Just click on that, then click the Update button to save.
5. You're almost there! Now you can browse our curated lists to select books, or use Bookshop's search bar to browse. When you find a book you like, just click on the book and click on the button marked Add to Wishlist. Your wishlist name will appear and all you need to do is tap to save to your wishlist. A pop-up will show that the book has been added.
6. Keep adding books you'd love to receive to expand your classroom library!
IMPORTANT: When you're done creating your wishlist, just go back to My Wishlists in your profile and click the share button to copy the link to your clipboard. Then FILL OUT OUR GOOGLE FORM and include the link to send to the Book Fairies!
That's it! As Book Fairies begin to grant wishes, you'll receive your book via mail at the address you supplied.
READY TO BECOME A BOOK FAIRY? Check out our teacher wishlists!
Throughout the week we'll be having not one, but TWO big giveaways! As a way to support and say thank you to our local teachers, we are offering a chance to win one of two class sets of books and other goodies.
The giveaway is limited to teachers in Jersey City, Manhattan and Brooklyn, in order to be able to deliver the prize. An in-store pickup option is available as well.
What's the prize?
1. A class set of Ghost by Jason Reynolds (25-30 copies)
2. Scholastic canvas tote bag
3. WORD logo canvas pencil case with pencils from Feminist Press
4. 2 surprise Advance Reader's Edition books
5. Multiple book pins include Where's Waldo, Gandalf for President, Hank Green and The Serious Goose.
6. Read-A-Palooza bookmark.
How to enter?
It's as simple as posting a photo to Instagram! Just snap a shot of yourself holding a book you love to teach in class or love recommending to students, and tell us why you love that book! Then tag us @WORDBookstores. That's it, you'll be entered to win! Easy peasy!
Winners will be announced on Saturday, May 8th.
Take a glimpse at what's inside: